At the urging of my aunt, co-workers and friends, I finally got a copy of The Help. If all books could be like this, I would have done a lot better in my high school and college lit classes. I'm halfway through and I am totally enthralled with this story. Kathryn Stockett does a wonderful job of weaving together three different perspectives and depicting life in the South back in the 60's. I definitely recommend this book, and I can't wait to see the movie.
Last week I had the best sandwich of my life. I couldn't help but tell everyone I know about it. It was turkey (like the pulled, leftover Thanksgiving turkey, not deli meat), brie (favorite!), green apple and honey mustard on pumpernickel. It was fantastic. If you live in Nashville, you can get your very own at A Matter of Taste on 8th Ave.
I have had a fairly stressful week at work. It started Monday and just kind of went downhill from there. Anyway, today I was needing a pick-me-up. Ask and you shall receive! I look over and pulling up next to me was a nun, in a Smart Car. Those cars make me laugh - add a nun, and you've just made me laugh out loud by myself.
I've said it before & I'll say it again. I AM SO READY FOR FALL. I am pretty much done with summer after July 4th. Give me cooler weather, football, scarves and chili any day.
O.k., that's all for my random thoughts of the day.
That sounds so much like my standard order at Bread and Co. -- pulled turkey, green apple, provolone (but brie sounds good!) sometimes bacon if I'm feeling sinful on farm bread. I dream about that sandwich and miss it so terribly much.
ReplyDeleteAnd YES to fall. With every passing year I tolerate the summer heat less and less.
I've been wanting to read that book!
ReplyDeleteYour sandwich sounds amazing, and now I can think of nothing else that sounds remotely as delicious. PB&J will not cut it today!
Nun in a smart car...that needs to be on the cover of a greeting car. In Matthew it does say, "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." I think that nun may have taken that verse a little too literally. he he:)
*greeting card, not greeting car. ;)
ReplyDelete