Labor Day was awesome - I saw friends, family, and spent the actual Holiday doing practically nothing. So nice. I had been out of town on Memorial Day and July 4th this year and made it a point to stay home for once. With a few weddings, a class reunion and a family over-night trip in my future, I needed to power off for once.
Because I was a lazy Lucy on Monday, I was wide awake Tuesday evening and was channel surfing. I saw that Friends (my favorite) was on Nick @ Nite. That show can't be that old? But it made me feel old, because I remember watching Bewitched on Nick @ Nite. Anyway...it reminded me that I made this trusty list of things that I now have less than a year to do - so here is my update. Which isn't as much of an update, as I see I have a long way to go to complete my goals. And again, this is more for my sake than yours... :)
20 things i want to do before i turn 30
1. Play paintball. NOT YET.
2. Make a layer cake, that hopefully doesn't look like this. (Love you ACCB) NOT YET ON THIS EITHER, ALTHOUGH I DO KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS AGREED TO HELP ME WITH IT!
3. Go to a drive-in movie. THOUGHT ABOUT THIS AS I DROVE PAST ONE ON MY WAY TO MY GRANDMOTHER'S SUNDAY.
4. Get a physical. Easier said than done considering my total and utter fear of needles. CALLED ABOUT ONE, BUT THE OFFICE WAS CLOSED. HAVE YET TO CALL BACK. AT LEAST AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE?!
5. Go on a date with someone that isn't a friend first. DONE. IT WAS A BLIND DATE. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR DOING IT, BECAUSE IT WAS AN EXTREMLY INTEMIDATING SITUATION AND ONE THAT I MIGHT HAVE NORMALLY THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT. SUPER NICE GUY, BUT AFTER THE SECOND DATE I THINK WE BOTH MUTUALLY AGREED THAT IT JUST WASN'T GOING TO GO MUCH FURTHER.
6. Travel to the Pacific Northwest. O.k., that's cheating since I'm going in July. But it's my list and I can cheat if I want to. AND IT WAS A BLAST :)
7. See Brad Paisley at the Grand Ole Opry. I GLANCE AT THEIR SCHEDULE EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT IT HASN'T WORKED OUT THAT HE'S BEEN THERE WHEN I CAN GO. I WILL ALSO GO AHEAD AND ADD BLAKE SHELTON TO THIS AS WELL - HE'S UP THERE ON MY LIST AS WELL.
8. Pick blueberries (again) in the summer and apples in the fall. I HAVE ANOTHER SUMMER TO DO THIS, AND HOPE TO FIND TIME THIS FALL TO GO APPLE PICKING!
9. Attend my 10 year high school reunion. COMING UP IN A MATTER OF WEEKS!
10. Take a cooking class. TOTALLY FORGOT I EVEN PUT THIS ON HERE.
11. Tour the Country Music Hall of Fame - haven't been since a 4th grade field trip when it was on Demonbreun and about 1/4th the size it is now. NOPE - BUT THIS SEEMS LIKE A GOOD WINTER ACTIVITY. I LIKE TO SPEND EVERY SECOND I CAN OUTSIDE DURING THE SUMMER.
12. Dedicate lots of time to helping out my friends that will become Mom's this year. I FEEL LIKE I'VE DONE A SO-SO JOB AT THIS WITH SARAH'S TWIN'S AND LAUREN'S SWEET LITTLE EVE! STOPPING BY WHENEVER I CAN JUST TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH THEM, FEED, CHANGE, BURP, ETC.
13. Spend a weekend in Chattanooga - the one city in Tennessee I've never really gotten to know. NOT YET.
14. Buy my own place - a condo or a townhouse. This is a stretch, but I'm going to try. CLOSER THAN I WAS WHEN I WROTE THIS LIST 6 MONTHS AGO, BUT NOT THAT CLOSE!
15. Maintain my blog. I really enjoy journaling my life, regardless if people are really reading or not! I COULD DO BETTER, BUT THE NEW JOB HAS KINDA CONSUMED ME OVER THE PAST 8 WEEKS.
16. Buy a laptop. Between my work computer and cell phone, I don't really need one right now, but one day I will. This might take a back seat to number 14 though. IT HAS, IN FACT, TAKEN A BACK SEAT TO NUMBER 14.......
17. Take more pictures. I'm terrible at never taking my camera anywhere. I HAVE DONE WELL AT THIS! I TOOK A LOT ON MY TRIP, TOOK SOME THE NIGHT WHEN LAING AND I CELEBRATED OUR BIRTHDAY, AND PLAN TO TAKE LOTS AT OUR REUNION.
18. Learn to curl my hair with a curling iron. For some reason, I still can not master this skill, and my hair always turns out looking bent in half. Sexy. YES! YES YES YES! THANKS TO MY SWEET FRIEND KAYLA, I LEARNED HOW TO CURL MY HAIR! I JUST WISH THE CURLS WOULD STAY LONGER THAN THEY DO.
19. Finally get around to watching The Shawshank Redemption. I'm told it's a must-see. NO. AND IT WAS AT THE FRANKLIN THEATER A FEW WEEKS AGO, I JUST COUDLN'T GO.
20. Go here - I still have never been. ANOTHER THING I WANT TO DO THIS FALL!
No comments:
Post a Comment