Background

Thursday, June 18, 2015

To round out the online dating trifecta, I signed up for eHarmony - on of all days, Black Friday. Nothing says "I am thankful" like eating leftover turkey and answering questions about your favorite movies and political views in hopes of meeting a mate.

Of the three sites I tried, eHarmony was my least favorite. I wasn't much a fan of the super detailed questionnaire or the convoluted process and steps to "talk" to people. That being said, I have several friends who have met their boyfriends, fiances and husbands on eHarmony so I know it works.

Without boring you with the standard details, I "met" a guy named...Phil. We will call him Phil. 

The day...more like morning...after Phil got my number, my phone dings. When I say morning, I'm talking 5:58 a.m. 

If there is anything you need to know about Angie, it's that Angie isn't a morning person. So you better have a really good excuse for texting that early. Unless you are Bradley Cooper. He can text me anytime, day or night. 

The text was from Phil. This was his first attempt at starting a conversation with me that wasn't on eHarmony. The best part is that it wasn't a text at all. 

It was a selfie. 

Phil sent me a selfie in the back seat of a mini van of he and his niece, traveling with his family to Disney World.

I don't even know your last name, your birthday or where you went to college. But selfies, gotch'a covered. I responded, reluctantly. 

Throughout the week I received a series of pictures of Phil and his entire family while vacationing at the Happiest Place on Earth. To put it lightly, it was weird.

I didn't want to totally write this guy off just because he was camera happy before we even met face to face, but you have to draw the line somewhere. 

And that line was drawn in the form of a tea cup. 

That's right, I was sent a selfie of Phil in a tea cup.

Alice might have approved. But Angie didn't. 

That was the last I heard from Phil.
  


TeacupsMadTeaParty wb.jpg

1 comment: