Last week was just a really weird week for me.
It started with my diagnosis of belpharitis. My eyes started KILLING me the early part of last week. I went to the eye doc and that is what he told me I had. I didn't even know there was such a thing as belpharitis; much less, think that I would ever contact it. Basically, it's a totally icky and gross condition with my eye lids that caused my eyes to be the source of A LOT of pain for several days. I've never really had anything effect my eyes before but man, it is not fun. The plus side was it gave me an excuse to go make-up free for a week (I hate wearing makeup). I am finally on the mend, and go back to the eye dr. tomorrow for a check-up and new, bacteria-free contacts. Bliss. But ask yourself honestly - who have you ever known to get belpharitis? Leave it to me.
Next - I received a package from Macy's last Thursday when I got home from work. Hmmm... I haven't ordered anything from Macy's? But maybe someone is sending me a happy. Or a Get Well Soon gift for my eye disease. I opened it up & it is a set of 8 white wine glasses with a card: "Congratulations, sorry I couldn't be there. Love, Aunt Jan." I have no Aunt Jan. I am not getting married. At least, not that I know of. The package was addressed to me, with all the correct information. Strange. I don't even have an explanation for this.
Moving along...
Saturday, I drove out to Lebanon with my friend Rachel to get fitted for my bridesmaids dress - I am in her wedding in September. We go in to a store that is divided up in to three sections...bridesmaids dresses, prom dresses & wedding dresses. Since we had to go pick up her shoes and accessories, we went to the "brides" part of the store. I am sitting down waiting on the attendant to get some paper work and her measuring tape, and out of the dressing room walks...who other than...my ex's ex. His high school girlfriend - the one before me. Talk about awkward. I immediately got weird. I didn't know WHAT to do. It would have been one thing if I would have seen her in, like, Target. I would have spoken. But there she was, having her "moment" with her family, mom crying, etc. etc. etc. It just wasn't the time or place. Thankfully, somehow or another, we avoided each other. I just could not believe that, of all places, of all times & days, THAT is where I see her.
Let's hope this week is a little less awkward.
A for awkward :)
ReplyDeleteThat's SO weird about the Macy's package! Maybe someone is punking you?