Background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

what a difference a letter makes

A group of friends & I have met once a month for the past 2 years for "Supper Club" - one girl is in charge of dinner at their house once or twice throughout the year. To remind people and get a head count, we usually send out an email.

What follows is our most recent chain of emails. Instead of going to our friend jordanrhooper, it went to jordanhooper, a guy in New York. Not only do I think, as someone living in the North, he got a huge kick out of our constant use of the word "supper" - I am sure the minute-by-minute Reply All's that ensued after Ann's 1st email were entertaining as well. Thanks for being such a good sport, Jordan. Both of you. We will be laughing about this for months!

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Ann wrote:
Hey gals-

Supper club is at my house this Tuesday. Not sure what I am preparing yet but I do know that there will be food on the table:) Please let me know if you can come. Hope to see all of you on Tuesday!!

Could someone please forward this email to Ashley Smith?

Love ya!

Ann


My address

4929 ___ Drive
Nashville, TN

Cell phone #: 931-555-1234

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Angela wrote:
I'm so sad to miss out, but I will be babysitting my nieces. I guess that just means we'll all have to get together again sooner than next month's supper club!!

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Julie wrote:
I have meeting that should last no longer than 7:30 I will try to come after. You do not have to count me in for food. THANKS!! Ann

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Angie wrote:
See ya'll Tuesday!

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:09PM, Ann Claire wrote:
I'll be there!

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Marth Ann wrote:
Count me IN! Can't wait! PS- I forwarded this message to Ash.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Jordan Hooper wrote:
While Supper Club sounds delightful, New York to Nashville for dinner midweek is not going to happen. The market is too crazy and I've been traveling too much as it is. Really appreciate the invite, however, and I'll try to make it one of these days. In the meanwhile, one of you lovely ladies should give the intended Jordan Hooper a last-minute call. She's not going to believe the wrong email address excuse after the fact.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Jordan Charles Hooper

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha. I swear if I did not know you I would think you make these things up. I bet he also got a kick out of the southern names like Ann Claire and Martha Ann.

    ReplyDelete