Background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

cutting the cheese

Well, I'm about to cut the cheese.

That's right...today is my last day to consume cheese, because starting tomorrow, Ash Wednesday, I am giving it up until Easter.

Even though I am not Catholic, ever since High School I have always challenged myself to give up something for Lent for spiritual reasons. I have always found it worthwhile and meaningful and have continued it every Lenten season.

Cheese isn't even one of my favorite foods, but think about how it's in/on a lot of what you eat! I hadn't really thought about how much it was in my diet until I decided what to give up. Salads...cream cheese on bagels...casseroles, to name a few. This also means no pizzas, no cheeseburgers, no grilled cheese...for the next few months. To some, it might seem easy. To me, not so much.

Cheese doesn't exactly equate to the sacrifices Jesus made during his 40 days and nights in the desert, but being without it will no-doubt be a challenge for me, and that's the point, right?!

2 comments:

  1. I gave up cheese last year, and it IS one of my favorite foods. It was harder than giving up any other food, even chocolate, since, like you said, it's in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo... what are you going to have at CPK tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete