Background

Thursday, May 20, 2010

people are crazy

God is great.
Beer is good.
And people are crazy.


Billy Currington nailed it.

A few months back, I saw for myself that some people really are insane. Even total strangers. And you don't even have to talk to them or meet them. They can still reveal themselves anonymously. Case in point, my story below.

Fact: no one can ever, ever read my handwriting. And I'll go ahead and admit that it is pretty wretched. My penmanship is received with a tilt of the head, a look of confusion, and a "What the hell does that say?" Generally the reactions are light hearted & friendly.

Until one day when I received this returned letter in the mail at work.



Folks I am not making this up. You read it with your own two eyes. Even the part about using a typewriter. Hello 1983.

My hand-addressed envelope must have made its way to someone who was having a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day. Or a heinous witch.

I really wanted to respond by saying that I would gladly enroll in a handwriting course as soon as they enroll in an anger management class.

Instead, I just placed the envelope on my shelf in my office for a good laugh on a rainy day like today. And to remind myself that people really are...CRAZY.

1 comment:

  1. WOW. This stuff really does only happen to you.

    I wouldn't have been able to resist sending something back to them.

    ReplyDelete