
Unless you live somewhere far far away, or under a rock, you have probably heard about, read up on, or been to one of 9 concerts that Garth Brooks put on for flood victims over the past 7 days.
I was able to get tickets through my work for his second show on a Thursday night at 10:00 - more like 11:00 by the time we fought all of the crowds to get in. There was no opening act, we sat down and 5 minutes later, here comes Garth. Our seats were insanely good, and for a little over 2 hours I stood and danced and sang to every single song he played. When I left I said to myself, I have to go back.
And I did.
I found a ticket on Stub Hub. The actual price of the ticket was $3, but after fees and service charges it was a whopping $12.95. How in the world could I pass that up? My two best friends from high school, Laing and Whitney, were going so we all loaded up together and headed downtown after work for his 6:00 last night.
I bought a single ticket so I had to sit by myself. No biggie, I didn't care at all. I be-bopped around like I had Thursday...I was on my feet the whole time. Part of my row even started to sway during "The River". I almost joined in, but the guy next to me was a 50 year old dad with his son, so I opted out. I'm awkward, but I'm not that awkward.
When we left, my friend Tommy asked me which show was better. That's like asking me which I like more, a chocolate cupcake or a strawberry cupcake. While you could tell that his voice was going out a lot more on Tuesday, it was still an amazing show. I could have done without Trisha Yearwood singing "How Do I Live Without You" Tuesday night, but Garth playing an acoustic version of Piano Man (one of my favorite songs of all time) more than made up for it. Both shows were awesome and I left in total awe of his talent and energy.
It's not too late if you want to go - there are still really cheap tickets on Stub Hub for his last two concerts tonight. Take it from me, it is so worth it.
You'll thank me later.
I guess I live under a rock.... or I just don't like Garth Brooks. :)
ReplyDelete