Background

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I love traditions of any kind, especially those that center around Christmas. Perhaps the one nearest and dearest to my heart comes from my dad; every year since I was small, he has gone shopping & picked out on his very own, an outfit for my sister and I. For a dad, he has great taste...and I look forward to those outfits each year, even as a 28-year-old adult.

This year I decided to start a tradition of my own.

Some people have a fetish for shoes, others maybe books or jewelry. One of my fetishes has to be stationary. I have gobs of it...it's something I can never get enough of. My sweet grandmother was the same way. I think that is why I pay such close attention to Christmas cards.

So, I have decided from here on out, to choose my favorite Christmas card each year, date them & keep them for a display of some sort every Christmas.

The 1st annual winner is...

My dear friend Tori!

Tori's husband Nathan is overseas serving our country as a member of the Air Force. Instead of using an old picture, or none at all, Tori put her creative mind to work. And here is the result.

Such a fun and festive use of technology! You can easily see why it was chosen as my favorite.

Have a fun New Years Eve! And watch out for the champagne. It'll getch'a every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment