Background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

20 by 30

I know I haven't even turned 29 yet, but in a little over 18 months I will be 30. And that is just weird. Freaking. Weird.

So, I decided to make a list. Stop reading now if you don't care - but this is something for myself, and I want to have it in "writing": the things I want to accomplish, see & do before I turn 30.

Some of them will be easily done, and some of them are far-fetched. But a year and a half will go by faster than you think, so it will be interesting to look back and see how far I got with this.


20 things i want to do before i turn 30

1. Play paintball.

2. Make a layer cake, that hopefully doesn't look like this. (Love you ACCB)

3. Go to a drive-in movie.

4. Get a physical. Easier said than done considering my total and utter fear of needles.
5. Go on a date with someone that isn't a friend first.

6. Travel to the Pacific Northwest. O.k., that's cheating since I'm going in July. But it's my list and I can cheat if I want to.

7. See Brad Paisley at the Grand Ole Opry.

8. Pick blueberries (again) in the summer and apples in the fall.

9. Attend my 10 year high school reunion.

10. Take a cooking class.

11. Tour the Country Music Hall of Fame - haven't been since a 4th grade field trip when it was on Demonbreun and about 1/4th the size it is now.

12. Dedicate lots of time to helping out my friends that will become Mom's this year.

13. Spend a weekend in Chattanooga - the one city in Tennessee I've never really gotten to know.


14. Buy my own place - a condo or a townhouse. This is a stretch, but I'm going to try.

15. Maintain my blog. I really enjoy journaling my life, regardless if people are really reading or not!


16. Buy a laptop. Between my work computer and cell phone, I don't really need one right now, but one day I will. This might take a back seat to number 14 though.


17. Take more pictures. I'm terrible at never taking my camera anywhere.


18. Learn to curl my hair with a curling iron. For some reason, I still can not master this skill, and my hair always turns out looking bent in half. Sexy.


19. Finally get around to watching The Shawshank Redemption. I'm told it's a must-see.


20. Go
here - I still have never been.


1 comment:

  1. I like your list :) I never got around to seeing the Country Music Hall of Fame before I left Nashville. I need to do that on one of my future visits.

    ReplyDelete