If Regina was a color, she would be a bright, 80's-esque neon pink. If she was a city, she would be Las Vegas.

I had the opportunity to go to Vegas this past weekend (my first time at that rodeo), and I enjoyed it. I wasn't sad to go - Vegas has about a 48 hour shelf life, and then you're done. I am content being back in my cozy little Nashville world.
I'm not the world's best picture-taker, but I did snap some shots of a few things I found fascinating...aside from all the lights & casinos. So here they are, random, and in no particular order.
The ceiling in the lobby of our hotel was constructed by Dale Chihuly, of Chihuly fame from the Cheekwood display in Nashville.
There was a French bakery & chocolate shop in one wing of the hotel that I frequented. It was fantastic...pricey, but fantastic.
This dress is made of dark, milk & white chocolate.
A life-sized chocolate fountain.
Crepe in the making.
My bananas foster crepe that was worth every bit of the $9 I spent on it. Leave it to me to come back from Las Vegas with more pictures of food than anything else.
Mesmerizing fountains outside our hotel.
Inside The Venitian . I thought it was so cool how the lighting, ceiling painting and design resembled Venice so well.
Everyone has asked if I won any money - and the answer is no. I sure didn't. Had I won anything, I told myself I was going to buy a ticket to see Cher in one of her final shows at Caesar's - even if I had to go see her by myself. Side note: I LOVE Cher. But, I don't love her for $200. Watching Mermaids on repeat will have to do.
It will take me all week to bounce back from just three days in Vegas - sweet, loud, in-your-face Las Vegas - but it was fun, and isn't that what it's all about?
No comments:
Post a Comment