O.k. well let's be honest...a lot of things.
One of them being pens.
For my fellow FRA alumni: remember the big Barney-purple bag I had full to the brim with every pen you could imagine? Black ink, blue ink, gel pens, clicky pens...? I don't quite know how I collected so many throughout the years, but I did.
At work, my silver pen can (from college) is so full of pens that you can hardly take one out.
I don't know what my obsession is. Clearly, I can only use one at a time (although it would be pretty funny if you walked in and saw me trying to write with 5 pens in my hand).
A while ago I went out to eat and upon signing my check, I held in my hand the most amazing pen ever. It was made by Bic, called the Atlantis. Sounds like a strip club to me.
But OMG was it ever amazing.

As much as I don't want to admit to it, and am ashamed and embarrassed to say...I took the pen. I strategically acted like I accidentally dropped it in my purse. And off I went.
Don't judge. She got a good tip.
Well said pen eventually ran out of ink, so I ordered some from our office supply distributor.
Again, the best pen ever.
I gave one of the pens to my friend Todd, who wrote the following for me to share.
When Awkward informed me of the most awesome pen ever I had to give it a shot. I'm not a total pen snob but I worked as a server and you become very protective of them. People steal them which sucks and they'll break the clips off which is annoying. Finding a good pen is always nice. Here we have the Bic Atlantis 1.2. I was gonna make a crack about how stupid having a version 1.2 was, but then I realized that it means a 1.2mm width. Well, what a wonderful width to write with. I don't know what other writing devices' widths are, but here...1.2 mm just feels right. Overall its a buy. It writes like a gel pen even though its a ball point and has a very comfortable grip. Gripes? Only downfall is its not a clicky pen. So for a pen at the desk go for it. Have a ball(point). But if your gonna carry it with you or have it in the car, its gotta be a clicky pen. Nobody wants to fiddle with a cap at the bank.
We may or may not have had an 8 minute conversation about the Bic Atlantis on G-Chat this morning. And I may or may not be a closet dork. Or am I just particular?
There's nothing closeted about your dorkiness.
ReplyDeleteI too enjoy a good pen, though my collection at my desk is not nearly as extensive as yours. But if you get a chance to check this one out, I HIGHLY recommend the Pilot Precise V5 RT. Upon pretty close examination of your pen cup, there doesn't appear to be one in your stash. It's similar to the Pentel Energel, which I also enjoy and it looks like you have at least one of those, but the tip is finer and writes a bit more crisply...and it is slightly more compact which makes for easier storage, especially in a crowded pen cup such as yours ;)
ReplyDeleteHmmm, didn't intend for that post to be so long, but it appears you are not alone in your dorkiness.
When you have to use them often, pens are a big deal, so I can't fault you for this at all. I'm very particular about my pens. At games I have to have four -- a blue one, purple, green and red. They all serve a purpose for my notetaking. I flipped out when I realized I didn't have a blue one with me.
ReplyDelete