

The King and Queen of country.
I've listened to country music my whole life - I have memories of my grandmother's kitchen radio playing Dolly and Tammy on Saturday morning as she was making country ham and eggs. Everyday on the drive to school, Mom would have the radio on country. I remember being mezmorized by Reba's Fancy video. And, of course, I was born in the country music capital of the world. And while I could listen to Billy Joel on repeat 24/7, I've always been partial to country.
So when the opportunity came to go see George & Reba in concert this past Saturday...two country staples that I have never in concert before but have listened to longer than I can remember, I decided to go.
And boy was I glad that I did.
It was insanely good.
What's that you say? You thought my heart belonged to him?

Well DUH! It does.
But George Strait is a legend. He has more number one hits than any singer in any genre of music, ever. Reba is the 2nd highest female country singer of all time. They are the ones that everyone in country music today looks up to. So put the two together, playing songs you have been listening to for ages, and it is bound to be a good concert.
Their stage was set in the middle of the arena, and they literally played for almost four hours total - no frills, no animation. Just music. They never sang together, but they have enough number one songs (he has 57, she has 34) to hold their on. I think between the two of them, there was only one song I didn't know the words to.
I almost chose not to go, to watch my Vols play Oregon... but we all know how well that went.
I think I picked the better choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment