One day in June, I had taken my little car to get new tires and had to borrow a friends car to run and pick up a salad for lunch. For those of you familiar with the Nashville area...I ran to the Calypso Cafe on Thompson Lane. I was in her Tahoe - which is relativity bigger than my Honda. I parked with someone to the left, right and in front of me - but when I went inside there was no car behind me. Backing up and exiting should not be a problem.
I get my salad and proceed back to the car, only to find some dip stick has parked his car directly behind me. And cars are still on every side of me. Leaving me with absolutely no way to pull forward or in reverse.
So I do what anyone in my situation would have done - I got out of the car, ate my salad from the to-go box it was in, told work I was running late and waited until someone moved their car. The person parked in front of me pulled out, and I immediately pulled through. See visual below.

Fast-forward to a beautiful fall Wednesday in September. I met a friend for lunch, and to no surprise there was very limited parking. I found a spot that might technically not have been a spot, but it had painted lines and so I gave it a go. This "spot" was situated to the side of the restaurant, in front of the dumpster.
Again, I come out of the restaurant only to find a large, black Suburban completely blocking my car, leaving me zero room to move. I laughed hysterically to myself for like 30 seconds before I realized there was no way I could call in to work for the second time and tell them I was once again going to be late for being stuck in a parking spot at the same restaurant.
So, what do I do? I hightail my car over a pretty large chunk of sidewalk and proceed on. I got out to survey any damage I could have done to my car, which was thankfully none. Again, we have visuals.

If I am not careful - one of these will wind up on my bumper one day.

Does Calypso deliver?
Even more blogworthy than this story, I think, are your graphics. :)
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't peg the bad parking on you. I'd peg it on the morons who keep parking behind you.