Against my will, I ventured out on Black Friday. My sister and I hit a few early (but not too early) sales...found nothing...but still checked out some stores Friday morning. All & all it wasn't too painful.That afternoon, I stopped at Target to pick up some non-Christmas related items. And a scarf. Because, let's face it - I go in to Target for deodorant and come out with a new wardrobe most every time.
I was behind a woman Friday in line. At first, I wasn't paying that much attention to her at all. Except for the fact that she was wearing Uggs, a beret, and her hair was braided in pigtails. I thought it just looked silly on her because she had to be at least 50 years in age. Maybe I'm being too critical.
I noticed it was taking longer than usual for Boots with the Fur to make her purchase of 12 Sonicare toothbrushes. She must have found a bargain. But it wasn't long before I noticed that the cashier lady and BWTF were in a heated argument about a apparent mistake with the toothbrush transaction.
Like I said, I wasn't paying that much attention but when the dialog between the two got louder and louder, my ears perked up. The cashier had accidentally charged her double for the toothbrushes. To the tune of $500...which I agree is a big mistake, but easily taken care of at Guest Services.
The next thing I know, I'm sandwiched between two security guards as the argument continues and the husband gets involved. The security man asked me to change lanes, which I did, but not without keeping my eyes and ears glued on these two irate idiots. Every single person in checkout was staring at them with mouths wide open.
Then, I hear Boots tell the cashier "You should know $500 is a lot of money, that is probably what you make here in month."
OH NO SHE DID NOT.
I can not STAND for anyone to talk to someone like that, regardless of the magnitude of the mistake. So what did I do? I marched my happy ass right over in the middle of everything, looked the Target manager on the scene straight in the eye, and said, "I just want you to know that I was standing right behind this lady when all of this transpired and your employee did absolutely nothing wrong in handling this out of control lady."
BAM.
It felt good.
I gave the lady the evil eye and a "how do you like them apples" stare and walked out of the store.
Merry Christmas from Towanda.
OMG, Angie, I love you for so many reasons, not the least of which was your reaction to BWTF. This is hilarious.
ReplyDelete