One of my weirdest phobias is that I am sorta afraid of the pizza man. I never like to approach them when they deliver to my door. In fact, if I can, I hide from them. I don't know why, I just think they are awkward. No offence if you are one. It's always been an issues of mine.
And today, it was justified.
To avoid getting out in the rain and wind, the girls & I ordered from Papa John's. When lunch arived, I went upfront to sign the receipt and give a tip. Well, so I thought...
The delivery man proceeds to open every pizza box and talk to me about each individual topping. You know how when you order a birthday cake and they show it to you upon pick-up, to make sure everything is correct? Well that's kinda what he did.
"Now on this pizza, you ordered tomatoes, sausage, extra cheese... and on this one, it was pepperoni..."
I am sure he would have told me where each tomato was grown if he had the time.
It literally took like three minutes, which, when you are in the reception area of the office, hearing about each individual olive and onion on your pizza is just kinda strange.
I did give him a nice tip though, not only for having to get out in the rain, but for the nice, descriptive narrative I got about my pizza.
And today, it was justified.
To avoid getting out in the rain and wind, the girls & I ordered from Papa John's. When lunch arived, I went upfront to sign the receipt and give a tip. Well, so I thought...
The delivery man proceeds to open every pizza box and talk to me about each individual topping. You know how when you order a birthday cake and they show it to you upon pick-up, to make sure everything is correct? Well that's kinda what he did.
"Now on this pizza, you ordered tomatoes, sausage, extra cheese... and on this one, it was pepperoni..."
I am sure he would have told me where each tomato was grown if he had the time.
It literally took like three minutes, which, when you are in the reception area of the office, hearing about each individual olive and onion on your pizza is just kinda strange.
I did give him a nice tip though, not only for having to get out in the rain, but for the nice, descriptive narrative I got about my pizza.
No comments:
Post a Comment