Background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

a pony, a cake & a creeper

Last night, I attend the wedding of an old family friend. The ceremony was special, the reception was fun and the cake was probably the best wedding cake I've ever had.

Dense chocolate fudge and caramel was the filling for yellow and chocolate cake, and it was iced in what resembled marshmallow cream, in texture & taste...it was divine. In fact, I want some right now.

The reception was held at the Belle Meade Plantation Carriage House - very fitting for the bride, who was/is an avid horse rider. So much so that she also had a mini pony wandering throughout the reception. Random, hilarious...I love it.

And it wouldn't be a worthy blog post without some story. Ann Claire & her parents also attended the wedding and while parking, met a rather larger, old man, I would say to be at least 65, if not older. Said man followed us around literally, all night long. At the beginning, I saw him as harmless - he asked the typical questions you are asked of strangers - where I worked, where I went to school, etc.

I asked him how he knew the bride, and he said he use to manage the toy store she would frequent as a child.

What?

Anyway.

As the night went on, we found Creeper following our every move - went went to the buffet, he went to the buffet. We admired the cake, he admired the cake. We sat, he sat. You get the picture.

Every time he got up to refill his wine glass, he asked me if I wanted some. No thanks.

He asked Ann Claire's mom how she met her "hubs" - you can't say that word if you are of retirement age. You just can't. He also asked for their engagement story - a bit personal, if you ask me.

Now here is where it just gets downright gross.

As AC and I were in line for some cake, Creeper pulls Ann Claire's mom aside and asks if I was available.

"She is...do you have someone in mind?" Thinking he would say a son, grandson, etc.

"Yeah, I was thinking if she liked them older, me!"

Upon hearing that, I shoved every bit of that cake down my throat, grabbed Ann Claire and made a b-line for the valet. Since he was still talking to Ann Claire's parents, I told creeper goodbye as well.

"You're leaving so soon? I was going to ask if you would like to share a dance."

Is this 1949? Share a dance?

All I would think about was that he use to own a toy store. Sick. Gross, sick, aldsjflakdjfl;akj!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is definitely creepy. Next time you talk to the bride, you should ask her about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you turned him down, men of that age sure know how to romance a lady.

    ReplyDelete