Background

Thursday, November 19, 2009

making my mark in Texas

When I said I would do anything for a good story...it did not include this. This falls in my Top 5 Greatest Angie Stories of All Time. Quite frankly, this story makes me look like I have the IQ of a hamster. But I don't care...I love telling it.

It happened almost 3 years ago. I took my first trip to Texas to see my dear friend from high school, Tori, for a long weekend. She lived in Houston. I rented a car because I also took a Day Trip to San Antonio to see my friend Matt.

Anyway...so it was time to return my car and Tori followed me to the gas station to fill it up before turning it back in. To this day, I don't really remember HOW it happened, but it did. I was sitting in my car and all the of sudden, I just took off with the gas pump still pumping gas. Tori saw the whole thing from her car and tried to call my attention to it but I was too dazed and confused to realize what she was saying. The pump flew up in the air, whipped around a few times like a lasso and landed in front of my car.

So, as anyone in that situation would do, I picked up the pump, carried it inside and left it at the counter. I was in tears I was laughing so hard, so all I could manage to get out in between bursts of laughter was "I am so sorry, here's your pump."

And then we took off.

Thank God for camera phones...because there is no way anyone would have ever believed this actually happened.




I even have a photo salute to my little incident in my office. It makes for a great conversation piece. Click to enlarge.






5 comments:

  1. You should have stayed the night in San Antonio. I would've had made sure you didn't drive away with Chevron's property. I mean, you didn't even pump gas until college, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was three years ago? Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this story. it makes me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. Angie remind me to tell you my car crash at Samford incident, that is, if you don't already know it. :)

    ReplyDelete