Background

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Open Wide and Say Ahhkward...


I am not a huge t.v. person...well, I take that back. I watch just a few shows religiously --- Friends, American Idol, The Bachelor...and, The Office. Just in the past year or so I've gotten really in to it, from working in an office and having a love for a dry sense of humor. Steve Carell is simply ha-larious.

Even if you don't keep up with the Dunder Mifflin crew, you've probably heard the punchline "That's what she said." When said at the right (or wrong) moment, it can make things weird but it almost always makes people laugh.

Which brings me to my dentist story...

I actually like going to the dentist. I like that I get to watch/listen to the Today Show while my teeth are being cleaned. I like that I almost always get a positive report. And I like that, even at age 27, I get a goody bag when I leave. It’s one of the few routine check-ups that is enjoyable.

I went to the dentist this week. Everything checked out well…but I could not help but laugh to myself over a few comments made. You see, without fail, every time I go to the dentist my hygienist tells me how small my mouth is. Every time. This particular visit, though, I had a nice lady, in her mid-50’s I would assume, that just made me laugh simply because of my love for “that’s what she said”-like quotes. She probably had no idea how dead-on her comments really were. See for yourself…

“Honey your mouth is so small, I don’t know how we’re going to fit all this stuff in here!”
“Can you open any wider than that? It’s going to hurt when I’m done if you don’t.”

And that's honestly what she said.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha ohhhh yeahhhhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised there hasn't been an episode of the Office where they send Dwight to the dentist. You should submit that to the writers :)

    ReplyDelete