Background

Monday, November 30, 2009

the best day ever!

Like I have said before, I lead a very normal life...for the most part. When I started this blog, I knew I didn't want it to include just updates on what I do day-to-day because, well that's rather boring.

But I have to write about yesterday...it was one of the best days I've had in a long time. And even on this cold and rainy Monday morning, I'm still on a high from it.

It started first thing at church. I lead my Sunday school class in a great discussion on something that had happened at my work a few weeks earlier. I was afraid it wouldn't get that much feed back, but it did. And it was a great way to start my day.

Then, I went with Carla and Grant downtown for lunch before the Titans game. They are some of my oldest friend from childhood/high school and I always love spending time with them. The pre-game atmosphere was great!

On to the Titans game...hands down, the best one I've seen probably since the Music City Miracle game in 2000. The first half was a little uneventful, with points by both teams from only field goals. But then comes the 4th quarter...I don't think I really sat down the entire time. Vince Young's final drive in the last 3o or so seconds was insane. I have zero clue how he did it, but Kenny Britt completed Young's pass and we beat the Cardinals by 3. Life is good for the Titans and their fans!


After the game, I met up with one of my good friends from college, Brian. He was in town for the game and we got to have dinner together and took a mini-tour of Nashville before he headed home. It was so fun and unexpected!

Thanksgiving break was much-needed...and I could not have asked for a better ending to it!

Now...on to Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment