Background

Thursday, December 3, 2009

PACK my SUITCASE?

I can't believe it is December. Last year, I went to Hawaii with my family at Christmas. Don't get me wrong, it was the trip of a lifetime and I was so grateful to go. But it wasn't home. I couldn't even listen to Amy Grant's Tennessee Christmas without bursting in to tears.

I am a creature of habit, and Christmas is no exception. I enjoy the same movies, songs and traditions year after year and they never get old.

MOVIES...for the life of me I can't decide which Christmas movie I love more...Christmas Vacation or Home Alone. I laugh a little harder every time Clark Griswold lashes out for receiving a membership to the Jelly of the Month club. But then again, Home Alone has some scenes and quotes that are just as classic. "Buzz...your girlfriend...woof!" Love Actually comes in as a close second.

BOOKS...Last year I read The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. I honestly think it's the only book that has ever made me cry. I read it twice! I highly recommend it...it is very easy to read and has such a good message.

MUSIC...this is tough. I can't even being to pick my favorite Christmas song, so I went to my ipod play list and just picked the top 5 I play the most.

Please Come Home for Christmas by The Eagles
Do You Hear What I Hear by Carrie Underwood
Santa Clause is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen
What Child is This by Martina McBride
Oh Holy Night by Martina McBride (a cappella version)...she can sing the crap out of that song.
I am SO GLAD to be home for every bit of Christmas this year!

4 comments:

  1. I totally pulled out Love Actually earlier this week. I've got like five or six other Christmas movies on my list to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to plug "A Christmas Story" in somewhere on that list! Yay for Nashville at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i mean what about Tennessee Christmas, Breath of Heaven--ah, i could listen to those in the summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Alone...hands down.
    I agree with Missy, Breath of Heaven....just heavenly.

    ReplyDelete