Background

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

follow-up

December 8, 2009

Dear FRA Alumni,

This follow up to yesterday's alumni eNewsletter, Happenings on The Hill, brings both good and bad news. Let's get the bad news out of the way: I goofed. We erroneously had Casey Bourke, Class of 2001, on our list of deceased alumni. For whatever reason -- computer glitch in our database, human error -- Casey wound up on this list.

And now, the good news: Casey is alive and well. I've spoken with him myself. In other good news, you all are reading the newsletters! You're keeping up both with fellow classmates and continuing to follow FRA news. I heard from many of you yesterday regarding this matter and although the mistake is regrettable, it warmed my heart that so many of you cared to pick up the phone or send us an email. That's just one thing that makes FRA the special place it continues to be - that we care. We keep in touch with friends and teachers. We're there for each other in times of need. And when someone slips up, we're there to pat them on the back and say, "It's OK. We're only human."

Here's a quick update from the man himself:

I'm okay!! I received a BA from the University of Michigan in 2005 and a JD from U.C.L.A. School of Law in 2008. I am currently working as an attorney in Irvine, California, at the firm Palmieri, Tyler, Wilhelm & Waldron.
-- Casey Bourke

Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas season.

1 comment:

  1. haha...he is alive, my question is...is he single? :)

    ReplyDelete