Another year is almost gone...that is so crazy! Even more crazy that we are about to enter 2010...it's going to be weird to write that.
Big things have happened in 2009. Like it or not, the inauguration was huge...as was Aretha Franklin's hat. I'll always remember where I was when I heard that Michael Jackson died (I was in line at the u-scan at Kroger.) The Miracle on the Hudson was pretty awesome...and I would be perfectly happy if I never heard another word about balloon boy/his psychotic parents, the octo-mom or Tiger Woods.
I'll be honest when I say that I'm more than ready to say adios to 2009. BUT, with the end of the year comes a look back at some fun memories.
....so here are my favorite/most memorable moments of 2009, in no particular order.
Meeting Brad Paisley in March at his concert. I am in love with him, in case you haven't heard. Much like a 14 year old meeting a Jonas Brother, I freaked out, got way too hyper and don't remember a thing about it. I did not play it cool, at all.
After being a part of 10 weddings in 18 months, I ended my streak as Bridesmaid of the Year. And I'm not going to lie...the amount of open free time and finances has been glorious.
I finally took my first trip to Beale Street in Memphis. And I went to a bar that was the home of quite possibly the biggest goat I have ever laid eyes on. I love Tennessee.
For my birthday, I was given my first ipod. I know I am about 7 years behind the times, but it takes me a while to get use to anything "new" like that. I am not a fan of anything high-tech. I am also 80. Could 2010 bring a new cell phone that does more than just call people?! Stay tuned.
I saw Billy Joel in concert for the 3rd time. THE entertainer. I love him. When I was little I use to dance around to the Uptown Girl video, pretending I was Christie Brinkley. Music-wise for me, there's Billy Joel, and then there's everyone else.
Those are just a few...I'm excited to see what 2010 has in store! CHEERS!
Big things have happened in 2009. Like it or not, the inauguration was huge...as was Aretha Franklin's hat. I'll always remember where I was when I heard that Michael Jackson died (I was in line at the u-scan at Kroger.) The Miracle on the Hudson was pretty awesome...and I would be perfectly happy if I never heard another word about balloon boy/his psychotic parents, the octo-mom or Tiger Woods.
I'll be honest when I say that I'm more than ready to say adios to 2009. BUT, with the end of the year comes a look back at some fun memories.
....so here are my favorite/most memorable moments of 2009, in no particular order.
In June, Ann Claire and I had our "last night" together after 8 years as roommates. Lots of tears. Think of the Friends episode when they all leave the apartment one last time...except worse. Somehow, we made it! And now I live with my parents. Not nearly as cool...but a lot cheaper :)
(thanks to the above) College is finally paid for! I set a goal that by the end of 2009, I would have my loans paid off and I did it! But Samford was worth every penny...
Going to Knoxville twice in the fall. I am not sure if there is anything that I love more than Neyland Stadium on game day. Thank you Grace for delaying your graduation from college a full semester so that your older sister can have one last fall of free lodging in K-town.
Those are just a few...I'm excited to see what 2010 has in store! CHEERS!
we sure did have some great memories has roommates! i miss those days!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on paying off school! That's a huge accomplishment, and I'm sure it feels great.
ReplyDeleteYou don't remember a thing about meeting Brad Paisley??? Well let me remind you....toilet paper, on the bottom of your cowboy boot, minutes before our meet and greet session. Luckily, your bestfriend noticed it and removed it before go time! BP with no TP....priceless! <3
ReplyDelete