Without contacts, I am blind as a bat. My sister and I both get our terrible vision from our dad. So yesterday I had my yearly eye checkup. And in true Angie fashion, it provided for a decent laugh.
Every time I go to the optometrist, for whatever reason, part of the routine checkup is sitting with my eyes up to a machine that blows air directly in to both of my eye balls. Bam! Without warning. And you have to sit still and not blink...as the puff of air is being shot point blank in to your eye. Are you kidding me? I had to re-do my air test at least 5 times. I kept laughing which made me keep blinking which made the test screw up. The nurse lady was not impressed. It was more or less like this funny episode from friends.
Then, I had a really awkward eye dr. As I am sitting there half blind, waiting for him to work his magic on my eyes, out of the blue he goes "How old do you think I am?" Seriously - out of nowhere. We weren't even making small talk. Maybe he was going through a mid-life crisis and needed an esteem boost.
"Oh, I don't know, like 38?"
"No. No, I'm 27."
Ouch. To his credit and mine, I didn't have my contacts in so he was just a blur anyway. But I can't believe I was 11 years off. Eleven! So I tried to help him out a little by saying, "It's impressive that you are a doctor this young!" Pretty sure that didn't work. The rest of the exam was kinda weird. I killed it. Oops!
Seriously...you can't take me anywhere.
Maybe he has a crush on you. :)
ReplyDeleteOptometrists are not doctors.
ReplyDelete