I love getting real mail. I think it's one of those simple pleasures that has all but been totally replaced by the daily use of email, texting and the Internet. My sweet grandmother still sends me letters every once in a while talking about what she fixed for lunch or who was missing at church on Sunday, and she almost always sticks $1 in them, just like she did when I was a little girl. It is so refreshing to get one of her letters amidst a cell phone bill or the Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons that I seem to get 3 times a week.
I always love checking my mailbox at work, even though nothing remotely fun is ever in there. One of the first things I do when I get home at night is check for the mail to see if there is anything for me... especially this time of year when the Christmas cards start rolling in!
The other night I had a hand-written legal sized envelope with my name on it, no return address...but it was post-marked from Nashville. So I got really excited...only to open it up and find a blank white piece of paper folded around a $25 gift card! Neat, right?
Negative. It was for a restaurant in town that has been closed now for at least two years. I don't know if it was some kind of joke or what the heck the sender's intentions were, but it was just plain cruel! I got all excited for nothing. But...it sure was random.
And I love random!
That's so strange.
ReplyDeletehahahahaha. sorry boo, that makes me laugh. It sounds like something that one of our boys would pull.
ReplyDeleteyou need to write about you getting one of your letters back in the mail and what they wrote on it.. so funny
ReplyDeletegeeez...quit complaining already, i will send you a christmas card! and ann claire is right! that would make a great story!
ReplyDelete