For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given...and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6
Here we are on the eve of Christmas Eve. In some ways, it doesn't seem like Christmas at all...and in other ways, it can't get here fast enough.
Christmas brings out the child in me. Snow (when we get any), Christmas lights and Christmas Eve service at church still bring me back to when I was little. But as I have gotten older, the meaning of Christmas keeps becoming more and more obvious. I don't make a Christmas list anymore, and I don't rip through presents like I did years ago. Now I find myself genuinely more excited to give gifts than to receive. I love the whole spirit of Christmas and the reason we celebrate. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. Merry Christmas to you!
Merry Christmas to you! I didn't really feel in the spirit until I started thinking today about tomorrow night's midnight mass. That's one of my favorite things in the whole world.
ReplyDelete