Background

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I went to Franklin Road Academy my whole life - in my graduating class, there were only 71 people. We were a pretty tight group --- but, as expected, life gets in the way and it's harder to stay in touch through college and after...but if something big happens to someone, you are still going to hear about it through the grapevine. And by grapevine, I mean Facebook.

Every week, I get an email newsletter from FRA highlighting birthdays, weddings, babies, etc. of alumni. There is also an "in memory of" section of those who have passed away. Well yesterday afternoon, I get a call from Carla asking me if I had heard anything about our friend Casey passing away. I panicked - granted I hadn't talked to Casey in a few years but I certainly didn't want to hear about him passing away. He was listed in the "in memory of" part of the newsletter.
A few phone calls later, we were all relived to find out that Casey is, in fact, alive and well. He emailed FRA asking to be taken off of the deceased list. Granted it was a mistake...no idea how in the hell it happened, but it was just an error over-looked by the school. A big one, for that matter.

Casey received more than a few calls yesterday regarding his "death". Can you imagine getting a phone call out of the blue from an old friend making sure you were still alive? He said he was glad to know so many people cared about him, if something really had happened. He also vowed to keep his alumni contact information more updated, so in the future we won't have to question his existence. :)

1 comment:

  1. i saw that in the letter. how bizzare and crazy! the follow-up email was quite hilarious i thought. but good to know he is alive and well!

    ReplyDelete