
Here we go.
1. We might as well have worn a huge sign on our head that said "Yes, I'm from the South" --- everyone, from waitresses to hotel staff to perfect strangers, noticed our Tennessee accents.
2. Speaking of perfect strangers...Bostonians are genuinely nice people. If it weren't for the direction and assistance of strangers, we would have wound up God-knows-where those first few subway trips. We also would have spent way too much time at a church that meant nothing. A guy on his nightly run noticed us talking about and taking pictures of what we thought was the famous Old North Church. Turns out it was a church, just not the one we thought it was. He laughed & directed us to where we needed to be.
3. Ann Claire must have skipped American history day in the 6th grade. Why else would she have asked who Paul Revere was? Gotta love her...
4. We dared my mom to ask a Harvard student where Legally Blonde was filmed. And of course, she obliged. The girl looked totally irritated. Elle Woods would have been proud.

5. You haven't heard funny until you've listened to a little Chinese man channeling his inner Elvis, singing "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" in a subway station.
6. Eating lobster/seafood in New England needs to be on your list of things to do before you die. Man oh man was it good!
7. People will do anything for money...mimes on the streets, people singing for your spare change, or my personal favorite...a homeless man holding a sign that read "I just want to get blitzed." I didn't have the heart to take a picture, but trust me...it was funny.
8. On Sunday we took a day trip to Hyannis Port and Nantucket, which was very much worth getting up at 4 a.m! Everything was so picturesque and quaint. Except for the lady who was breastfeeding right next to us in the tiny coffee shop we stopped in. I'll just say she left nothing to the imagination. I know it's part of nature, but there are somethings you just don't want to look at while enjoying your latte.

P.S. I put my organizational (read: OCD) skills to good use planning this trip, researching restaurants and reading up on all the to-do's of Boston. So if you find yourself making your way there anytime soon, I would love to pass on all the info that I put together!

Sounds lovely!
ReplyDelete