I've known Sarah (Davis) Kruspe for over 20 years. We were in the same kindergarten class at FRA. In fact, she is the only friend I have who has been with me from kindergarten all the way through college. I was in her wedding in February 2008 and we still see each other every chance we can, including my yearly visits to Chicago and her occasional trips back home.
Sarah was in town this past weekend for a hot minute on her way to and from Florida for a bachelorette party. I got to spend some time with her Sunday night, and we had a blast. I am just as close to her two sweet parents, Steve and Jan. I think it is safe to say that her dad Steve is quite possibly the nicest man I have ever, ever met...and here is a story to prove that.
Yesterday I got a series of text messages from Steve, including the picture to the right, about a chipmunk that had made it's way in to Jan's garden. Here is Steve's account of his journey with Mr. Chips.
He has been digging up Jan’s flower garden so she got after me to set the Have-a-Heart trap to catch Mr. Chips and relocate him to the park. I tried all kinds of food scraps in the trap but nothing would lure him in. I looked around the pantry over the weekend and saw the Jenny Craig Anytime Bars and thought that might work. The first night he took the food and left. Sunday night I anchored the food a little better and he sprung the trap. When I went home to pick Sarah up for lunch yesterday, we saw that he had been caught and that a big cat was tormenting him. I took him to the park when I got home from work last night. He probably beat me back home. If he doesn’t like Percy Warner, I hope he likes some of the Belle Meade gardens.
Steve Davis, you make catching a pesky little chipmunk seem like something out of a Disney movie. You are now the new spokesman for P.E.T.A., and also maybe Jenny Craig. Thank you for that hilarious, albeit adorable, story.
No comments:
Post a Comment