Background

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Office Rumors

I know I talk about my work a lot, but a) I love my job and b) I spend a lot of time here...so naturally, I'm going to have a story or two from the daily grind.

A while ago on The Office, Michael Scott let it be known to several of his fellow employees that Stanley was having an affair. Once he realized the mistake he made, he countered it by starting individual rumors about other's in the office to take the focus off Stanley; Kelly had an eating disorder, Andy was gay, Jim and Pam were pregnant (which was later reveled to be true), etc.

Well this morning I was in a situation that could have warranted a rumor, had people actually been paying attention.

On my way in to work I received a text from my (married) friend Dan. Dan and I are good buddies, partially because we are the closest in age of our co-workers and always have a lot to talk about. He needed me to follow him to drop off his wife's car at the repair place a few blocks away, and take him back to the office. No problem. I picked him up right when I got to work.

When we got back to the office, Dan bolted out of the car towards the front door. It took me several minutes to get all of my stuff together, and I thought it was rather strange that Dan didn't stay behind.

It turns out that one of the guys in our office was standing outside the door on a smoke break, and Dan didn't want said guy to think anything about us coming to work together in the same car.

Later on, I ran out to get lunch and since he didn't have his car, Dan asked me to bring him lunch back. Again, no problem. But I chuckled a little bit as to how funny it was that I was bringing him lunch the same day that I took him to get his car.

This had the makings of some great gossip, had it been anything more than it actually was.

But I think I'll find someone else to take Dan to pick up the car tomorrow.

1 comment: