I don't know if I could pinpoint my absolute favorite food. I love Greek and Mexican food the most, but I will eat just about anything from anywhere. In fact, I should weigh 492 pounds.
But my absolute favorite restaurant in the whole wide world lies right here in Nashville. It's a dive...not too big, not too fancy but filled with plenty of history and character. Oh, and they serve Coke in the glass bottles. Automatic bonus points!
It's called Rotier's. When I was little my parents, sister & I would go almost every Saturday night. Family owned and operated, it's been around since 1945, in the same spot right next to Centennial Park on Elliston Place.
It is more-or-less a hamburger joint, but they also serve other sandwiches and have a daily meat and three special. And they have hand-dipped milke shakes that are to.die.for.
I've tried a few different things on their menu in the past, but I most always get my standard: hamburger on french bread and half and half (half onion rings, half french fries). And oh my heavens...is it ever good. Nevermind that I have to pretty much unbutton my pants after I eat...it is totally worth it.

If you are ever in the mood for something not-so-healthy, but definitely delicious, go to Rotier's. And be sure to call me to tag along!
Mmmmmmm. Haven't had Rotiers in ages!
ReplyDelete