Background

Monday, June 28, 2010

Saturday, and a Serenade


Did anyone see Mick Jagger right next to Bill Clinton at the World Cup game Saturday afternoon? Talk about the Odd Couple...

Speaking of Mick Jagger...

I had a killer few days at work last week...we have undergone some big changes as a company, and it has directly effected my position. Getting adjusted to these changes has been a challenge, and I was more than ready for some time to myself this weekend to rejuvenate.

So Saturday morning I went to the Bread and Co. near my house, got a newspaper, and enjoyed breakfast outside. Just me. And it was heavenly.

What was not heavenly was the serenade I got when my name was called to pick up my bagel with strawberry cream cheese.

After your order is placed, you are to wait until your name is called. Well, when my name was called, instead of just simply saying my name, the guy behind the counter totally broke out with the Rolling Stones' hit, Angie.

I'm talkin' the whole entire restaurant turned around.

I've heard this song sung to me a time or two before. But I have never had it sung to me over a microphone at 8:30 in the morning by a total stranger, infront of total strangers. And remember, I was by myself.

He literally sang an entire verse. When all you need to do is pick up a bagel, an entire verse seems like ten minutes.

Oh my word dude, please shut up!

So I got my breakfast while he kept singing. Everyone was looking at me, and once again the only kind of emotion I could rely was laughter. I mean what else could you do?

A is for Angie. And for Awkward. As proven by my little Saturday morning delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment