Background

Monday, October 31, 2011

And I said, What about...

Breakfast at Tiffany's!

This year I dressed up as Audrey Hepburn/Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was a really fun & easy costume to put together. I had to find a few "props" - nothing that Party City couldn't supply.

Except for the coveted Tiffany's blue bag - a must to complete my outfit.

I debated whether or not to go to the store and ask for a bag. I have a few pieces from there that I could have taken to get cleaned and then asked for a bag - but I didn't think all of that would be necessary. And, as my friends reminded me, I am the same girl that asked Blake Shelton for not one but two pictures, so this seemed like a piece of cake.

I walked in one afternoon after work. Ann Claire was with me. As soon as I was greeted, I said, I have a favor to ask.

I explained that I was dressing up as Audrey Hepburn for Halloween and would be willing to pay for a bag for my costume. The guy looked at me, dumbfounded.

All of the sudden, an old guy from behind the counter pipes up and says, "I'm sorry, we are not permitted to do that."

Permitted to give me a bag that probably cost them 50 cents to make? When I offered to pay for it?

I said, o.k., I'll just go buy a blue bag.

But, the crisis was averted & I ended up finding a bag from a friend.

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. How sad is it that they snubbed you over a bag! A bag that would be advertising their company as part of your costume...sigh! Good thing Tiffany Blue isn't hard to come by these days =)

    You look great as Audrey!!

    ♥ Shia
    {newest follower ~ check out my blog ~ follow back?}
    worldaccordingtoshia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO you, and you executed it so well!! I hate to hear they were jerks at Tiffany's about the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you looked absolutely fabulous!! Seriously -- you nailed it!

    Now, I'm ashamed to write this last bit, but...do you know the scene in Billy Madison when he lights the bag of dog poop and puts it on the old man's front porch, rings the doorbell, and then takes off? Well...you have a bag, now you just need to find a dog...

    Or, you could go the other way, and buy some breakfast pastries, put them in the bag, and deliver them to the store with a note: Enjoy your Breakfast at Tiffany's. Oh, and you can keep the bag.

    OR, you could just go on with your life. Apparently I can't let things go. Even when they have nothing to do with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete