Last night I went to eat at Tavern for my friend Jodi's birthday. I was driving down Division (talking on my phone, of course), when out of the corner of my eye I see a tall, rugged, plaid-shirt-clad vision standing on the corner. By himself. Looking somewhat lost, but approachable.
Right away, I knew it was him. Blake Shelton!
The first thing out of my mouth (while my friend was on the phone) was screaming out my window, "I hope you don't think I'm crazy, but I love you!". He smiled and said, "Well I love you too!" Heart. Melted.
I immediately hung up the phone, not even saying bye to the person on the other end.
Without thinking, without putting on a blinker, attempting to park, or using my hazard lights, I stop my car in the middle of the street. How I managed to not get rear ended is beyond me. I run around, stick out my hand and said, "Hi I'm Angie and I think you are so awesome." I go on to tell him how I love his music, his show, his wife...again, I said, I know you think I'm crazy and he said, "well I think you're crazy because your car is just sitting in the middle of the road!"
Inside his head I am sure he is thinking...omg, what a psycho. Oh well.
I asked for a picture and he obliged...not once, but twice. I didn't like the first one so I said, let's take another. He could not have been nicer.
PICTURE 1
PICTURE 2 - you can see him better!
They are both blurry because my hands were shaking so bad.
It was literally one of the biggest and best highlights of my year.
Love this! And you! and Blake!
ReplyDeleteA. I love him on the voice because his humor is so unexpected.
ReplyDeleteB. What lovely baby blues he has?!
C. I think you 2 could make a really cute couple.
This may be my favorite Angie story EVER.
ReplyDelete