Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

high school reunions

Our ten year high school reunion is this weekend. I loved high school and loved all the people that I graduated with. I'm really excited to see everyone, especially those that live out of town or that I don't see on a regular basis. I went to the same school for 13 years, so it was hard to leave but I am proud to say that my best friends then are my best friends now.

My dear sweet Ann Claire (college and post-college roommate) had her ten year reunion this weekend. She went to another high school in Nashville so all of her events were here, and they had a good turn out of both in and out of town people. As expected, she came back with three classic stories that I have to share. Now I wasn't there for any of it, but knowing her like I do, these stories are nothing short of hilarious. She makes me happy.

* Ann Claire asked a girl she went to school with when she was due. The girl replied with, "I had my baby in March." Personally, I couldn't think of anything worse. But the girl laughed it off and there were no hard feelings. I think if you know Ann Claire, it's easy to laugh let something like that go. This is probably the best thing I've ever heard in a very long time.

* A guy and his wife were at the football game with their new baby. They were all talking when Ann Claire leans over to peer in the stroller. "Your baby is so cute!" The guy said, "Ann Claire, my baby is over here." and points to his wife who is holding the child. I asked her what she thought was in the stroller, and she said it was just a bunch of blankets and thought the baby was underneath them.

* One of the girls that graduated in their class changed her name. She went from Faye to Kimberly because where she worked (Wal-Mart), there were too many ladies named Faye. I love it.

Here's hoping my reunion can provide me with this many laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment