Background

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

unexpected surprise

Sarah's twins are 5 and a half months old. They are a huge blessing to me, and I love my weekly visits with them. They can make any mundane, sub-par work day a better one just by their sweet smiles and coos.

Yesterday morning Sarah asked me to stop by after work. She said she had a surprise for me, knowing that I hate surprises. When I got to her house, she asked me to sit down. At this point I have no clue what is going on - I thought she was about to tell me she was pregnant again, in which case I would have passed out in the floor.

Instead she asked me to be Jackson and Lily's godmother. I was floored. I didn't even know how to respond because I was shocked and honored all at the same time. What a humbling request and one I am more than willing to take on! Everyone knows my love for babies, and being the children of one of my best friends makes them all the more special.



1 comment: