Background

Monday, October 24, 2011

flea market find

What do Whole Foods, Target & the Flea Market have in common?

Really, nothing. Except I could spend hours upon hours browsing around at each.

I gravitate towards anything vintage and whimsical. I like something with character, with a story or meaning, and something you won't see on everyone.

The monthly flea market is the best place to find one of a kind items that you can't find just anywhere. Or, if you can find them elsewhere, they probably aren't nearly as cheap. Granted, it takes a good eye and some patience to sort the trash from the treasures, but a day off work Friday let me do just that.

I spent several hours looking at some really great, uncommon goods. Lots of things displayed remind me of my grandmothers, which is part of the reason I love going each month.

There is one booth I frequent - a lady who sells vintage jewelry and accessories at the best prices.

It was here that I found this little treasure. I have a collection of old purses that were my great-grandmother's - and for $10, I thought it was a good find.

What made it a GREAT find was what was inside - a ticket stub from the Grand Ole Opry in 1974.

How cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I miss the flea market there. We don't have a very good one here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!!!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete