Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

tourist in my own town

Tuesday night my friend Kayla treated me to an unbelievable show at the Grand Ole Opry. I've lived in Nashville my whole life, & the only time I've ever been was for Ann Claire's high school graduation...not exactly what it was built for.

I loved the show...every second of it. Another thing I can cross off my bucket list -to see Brad Paisley at the Opry! Even better were the other big performers, Carrie Underwood and Alabama. If I could morph in to anyone, it would be Carrie Underwood. Seriously, she's perfect. And I grew up listening to nothing but country music, so seeing Alabama was a huge plus. THANK YOU KAYLA!

Side note: if you've never seen or heard Carrie Underwood sing How Great Thou Art, then stop what you are doing right now and listen to it. It's life-changing. I have her live Opry version on itunes, but this video below is even better, if that's possible. Seriously, I cry every time I listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk&feature=related





1 comment:

  1. What an awesome lineup!! And Brad!! I regret that I never went to the Opry while I lived there. I wanted to and just kept putting it off.

    ReplyDelete