What's his name?
Palm Pixi.
That's right. Miss Technology got a new cell phone!
I don't like change and I tend to get overly anxious and stressed with anything high-tech and complicated. I am pretty sure I'd still be taking pictures with film if they still made film. Carried in my fanny pack, of course.
For over seven years, I had the same cell phone. I kid you not. I would have kept on using that cell phone, except they stopped making the battery for it. The phone I had as of a few days ago, I had for forever, too. It did exactly what I need it to do. "New every two" means nothing to me.
Until now.
It's a new decade. I am certainly eligible for a free upgrade. And most importantly, I'm getting to a point where I need remote email access. I've never wanted to be this connected to the world...but it's time. I've put off the inevitable for about 6 weeks now. But I finally did it. I updated my cell phone.
Along with the obvious functions, it also gets emails, shows me the weather, and I could probably get it to bake me some brownies if I wanted some.
The first few days were rough. I was calling people right and left without knowing it. I couldn't figure out how to turn the screen on, much less text message or reply to an email. But we're doing better. Like I said... he could work out long term. For now, we'll just say, for lack of better terms... it's complicated.
*Side note: I can't quite get over the name Pixi. It's a good thing I'm a girl. The name doesn't exactly scream masculinity.
haha. love it, VERY clever!! I felt like I was reading a technical version of "he's just not that into you" or something. I too upgraded my phone last week to the new Blackberry Curve II. Unlike your "complicated" status mine was an almost immediate connection!! I was weary at first thinking it was going to take time to get used to the change...but it was so easy...as if we were made for each. <3 Give it time, Im sure you and Pixi will be very happy together. Maybe we can double!
ReplyDeleteI struggled with my Palm Treo when I first got it two years ago, but I got used to it. It wasn't the best, but it did what I needed it to do. The company made me upgrade to a Blackberry Bold a few weeks ago, so now I'm going through the same getting-to-know-you process with that. I'm not much on technology change either.
ReplyDelete