Background

Monday, January 11, 2010

the love of my life

I love Brad Paisley. Like, a lot. You could even go as far as to say I'm border-line obsessed.

In a few weeks I am going to see him in concert again...this time in Birmingham. Can't freaking wait!

I met Brad backstage at his show in Nashville last year but I was so overwhelmed with excitement that I can't remember a thing about it or what I said to him. If I ever run in to him in public, I will end up on the news. Or in jail.

I love him for so many reasons, besides the fact that I think he is the most adorable thing ever.

First...let's talk about his music. I like country music...but I like one or two songs by any given artist and that's it. Not so with Brad. I literally love everything he sings...and he can sing about everything. Booze...ticks...being an Internet creeper...but his love songs are so sweet and well-written. I love his voice and I love his lyrics. Who else could make something as manly as mud on tires sound so darn cute?

He married Annie Banks from Father of the Bride, one of my favorite movies. They have the cutest boys ever and they all go to church together on Sunday's.

George Costanza is in one of his music videos. His guitars are covered in Paisley print. He sings Eric Clapton at concerts and church hymns at the Grand Ole Opry. And he's not afraid to crack jokes at his own expense.

Seeing my favorite person in concert, in one of my favorite cities, with some great college friends...I'm not sure if it gets any better!

1 comment: