So there I was, minding my own business this morning at my desk, singing away to Billy Joel and catching up on emails. In walks our divisional Vice President who hands me a sheet of paper with a map on it. "You've been selected for a random drug test."
SWEET! Just what I've always wanted to do.
Fortunately (or unfortunately, as you'll see later on in the story...) three other people in our office were selected for the test. Now as I have said before, I love my co-workers. But some things, you'd just rather do alone. Like pee in a cup, for example.
We all pile in the car and head out on the 10 min. drive to the drug testing place. After filling out the appropriate paper work and sitting for some time, desperate for conversation beyond the weather and the recent actions of Lane "see ya later" Kiffin, three of us successfully take our drug test with no problem.
Now remember, there were 4 of us that went on this drug test field trip. The fourth girl had a bit of a problem on her first go 'round. And by problem, I mean shy bladder syndrome. She can't go. She physically can't pee in the cup. So, she comes back out, chugs her third bottle of water, and we wait.
And we wait.
She gets called back again for her second attempt. I thought for sure she had it.
She comes back out to the waiting room. No dice. WTF. Are you kidding me? She said they told her that if she doesn't go after the third try, it's considered refusal and she fails her drug test.
And so we play the waiting game for another 30 minutes and she continues to drown herself with water & coffee. After some more time, we make the collective decision to leave her and go back to the office. Someone would have to go back and get her. After all, I had spent almost 2 hours of my morning in the confines of a doctor's office.
Luckily for her, she went on the third try. Now all we have to do is wait and see if she passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment