
To say that my Dad is a Pittsburgh Steelers fanatic is a understatement. Don't believe me? Come over to our house and see his man room.
Last week my boss went to a luncheon where Rocky Bleier was the guest speaker. Don't worry, I had to Google him, too. Without going into detail, he was an important Steelers player back in the day. Anyway, they passed out autographed pictures of Rocky and my boss was kind enough to give me his to give to my dad.
When I left work that day, I had a stack of mail with me, as well as the picture. I put them all in my passenger seat and stopped by the post office drop box on my way home. Well...I dropped more than the mail.
About 5 minutes in to my drive home, I realized what I had done and immediately called the post office, frantically telling them what happened. I told them it was my Dad's birthday gift, hoping that would help my case a little more. White lies never hurt anyone!
He said if I came back in 15 minutes, I could meet someone out there and go through the mail. And I did just that.
With my new best friend in tow, we spent several minutes in the freezing cold going through the day's letters, bills and packages. Finally, we found the unmarked white envelope that held my dad's "birthday gift." I thanked him a thousand times over and went on my merry little way.
A huge THANK YOU to the Green Hills Post Office for saving the day. The picture now hangs among many others in my Dad's man room...except this one has a fun little memory to go along with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment