Background

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

We've all done it. Yes, even you. We've asked an inappropriate question, laughed when it was unacceptable, or said something offensive.

I'm going to step up to bat and tell you one of my most embarrassing foot-in-mouth stories; with her permission, I'm also going to tell a friend's equally (if not more) hilarious/embarrassing story.

1. I work in the main corporate office of my company; we also have satellite offices in three major cities outside of Nashville. One day, the office manager from another state sent me an email. To make a long and confusing story short, we went in circles on the email of me telling her the same thing three or four times. She needed the assistance of another co-worker of mine, so I copied her the chain of emails and added "Seriously, some people are retarded." Well I guess I can't decipher REPLY from REPLY ALL...and, well - you get the point. I laughed and feared for my job all in a 5 minute time frame. To this day, I still can't believe I did that. I apologized profusely, but any of you that know me know how guilty I felt for weeks following! Lesson learned.

2. One day, my friend (We'll call her Wanda) was on her cell phone talking to her then-fiance. After hanging up with him, she recieved a call from her boss. The boss and Wanda spoke brefiely, and at the end of the convorsation she abruptly said "I love you!" and hung up. Classic! She went in his office the next day and said how sorry she was and explained how the call before his was her finance. The only thing that would make this story more perfect is if she would have stayed on the phone with him long enough to hear his response ;)

We're so professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment