Background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

have it your way, right away

...a post guest from Laing :)

As I have mentioned before, my grandmother is CHEAP, like embarrassingly so. Her favorite place to eat is Burger King. Not because it's good, healthy food, or because the service is great; but because on the back on the receipt they give you you can call a 1-800 number, take a little survey and then get a code for a free Whopper (with purchase of drink and side item).

Well, apparently they have recently changed the system to an online survey that tracks your IP address, and you can only do it once every 30 days. This just about sent her into a tailspin as she has a stock pile of receipts at the ready for a nice BK meal 4 times a week. So, I am working in her office and she asks me to fill out the survey online. I go to the website, and can't do it as someone has already done it from that computer. She is now full on freaking out as it is lunch time, so she has me call me aunt, cousin, husband AND mother to have them fill out the surveys online from their respective computers.

The next week it got even worse when she realized all her resources were tapped and I was left to call my 80+ year old great aunt and try to walk her through getting on the computer AND the Internet all in one day!

1 comment: