Background

Monday, June 20, 2011

wedding recap

I had a great time attending Beth and Robert's wedding this past weekend in Memphis. I am so glad I made the trip to see them get married! The ceremony was sentimental and the reception was so fun with some very unique, personal touches that I loved.

Here are some pictures I took. I'll start with my most favorite part...

Instead of cake, Beth had pies...they were the most amazing pies I've ever tasted. Out of all the flavors, I finally decided on two tiny slices: the Slap Yo Mamma chocolate pie and the Goober peanut butter pie. Insanely good, and a great ending to her Memphis bbq buffet spread! Her menu is definitely on my favorites list from all the weddings I've been in and attended.




Her mom just had to have a cake, so, another 1st at a wedding - a mother of the bride cake! In the shape of an apple pie...

The reception was at Central Station, a train station in downtown Memphis. For part of the place settings, Beth used vintage (ya!) postcards...very creative, and a great way to tie in the train station theme and her and Robert's love for travel.





I got to hang out with my friends Hunter and Blakeley, who I know through the same group of friends I met Beth through. We enjoyed catching up, and you can see her pictures from the wedding on her blog!

Congrats again to Beth and Robert - and I know you are having the best time in Ireland!

1 comment:

  1. You know I didn't even SEE the MOB cake at the wedding before it was cut and eaten! I'm so glad you got a photo!!

    I'm also so honored you came to celebrate with us! I so wanted to spend some more time with you, and I hope to see you sometime in the fall!

    ReplyDelete