Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

summer lovin'

here are a few things I'm loving as the days have gotten longer and (much) warmer- some because it's summer, and some, just because!

1. Bobbie's Dairy Dip has been around as long as i have. it's a short 5 minute drive from my house, which is a good and a bad thing. my tried-and-true favorite is a cherry chocolate chip milkshake (it's not on the menu - just ask for it!). yum! you can pretty much have whatever your heart desires as far as milkshakes are concerned. they also have burgers, sundae's, cones, hot dogs, and their sweet potato fries are excellent. it gets crowded sometimes, and seating can be limited, but well worth the wait if you ever find your way over to the west side!
2. It is no secret that I would rather just not wear makeup if given the choice. sometimes i don't even wear it to work. but i do love these cream eye shadows by laura mercier. they are quick and easy and the color stays on all day - and the bronzy/rosey color is perfect for summer when you have a little color on your face.
3. I really enjoy going to garage sales and estate sales bright and early on summer Saturday's! You never know what you'll find. Sometime a sale will be a complete bust, while other times you'll hit the mother load. I think I've mentioned it a time or 12 before, but I love anything old, vintage and with character and these sales are a great place to find all sorts of unique things. Side note...remember on Friends, The One With The Apothecary Table? That centers around Phoebe's issue with Pottery Barn, and Ross and Rachael buying the same table? Love that episode.

4. The Voice. just when I thought my American Idol day's were over until January, this little gem of a show comes in to save me on Tuesday nights. however, Christina needs to get a handle on cleavage.

5. Grilled anything. I would probably eat a grilled shoe if you had one. O.k. not really, but some of my favorites are grilled onion, grilled pineapple and grilled zucchini.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the voice too!And Xtina... get a hold of that weave!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be in so much trouble if Bobbie's was that close to me!

    ReplyDelete